Tom Douglas's Crab Dip
Seattle's Iron Chef Tom Douglas is one of our favourite chef's here around the shop, his line of rubs and sauces are second to none! Looking for a refreshing appie or just something to serve on the patio while the kids play outside or while dinner is grilling away? This dip is sensational, easy to make, and will be a guaranteed hit!
Write a review
- 2 tsp Rub with Love Crab Cake Mix (available at Market Meats), or more to taste
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell and cartilage with claw meat and large pieces of crab left whole
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 tbsp seeded and minced sweet red cherry pepper (from a jar of vinegar packed sweet cherry peppers)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 bag potato chips
- Grate the zest from the lemon, measuring out 2 teaspoons.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze, measuring out 1 tablespoon of juice and removing any seeds. (Reserve the rest of the lemon for seasoning the dip with more juice later.)
- Put the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl, add the tomato paste and honey, and whisk together until smooth.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise, chives, cherry pepper, and Rub with Love Crab Cake Mix. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg.
- Add the crabmeat to the bowl and toss it with the dressing.
- Season to taste with more Crab Cake Mix and more lemon juice if needed.
- Set a bowl of crab dip on a large platter and surround it with potato chips for dipping.
Market Meats https://marketmeats.com/