The Tomahawk Steak
Don't mess around. This is the real deal. Impress everybody, including the neighbour that will undoubtedly be looking over the fence to see this beauty on your grill, the tomahawk steak is the ultimate grill fantasy – the king of all steaks, the big cheese, el jefe.... be sure to invite good company to share these big guys with, or, be brave and tackle one all to yourself!
Write a review
- 2 Tomahawk Steaks (3-4 lbs each)
- 1/2 cupolive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare a clean, well-oiled charcoal or gas grill so that the coals or heat element are hot. Or, heat the broiler.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with the olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Set the steaks on the hottest part of the grill and sear each side for about 5 minutes.
- Move to a slightly cooler part of the grill, cover, and cook, turning once, for 30 to 35 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Let the steaks rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice the rested steaks, and divide among 4 plates or arrange on a platter and serve!!
- Get ready for the meal of a lifetime!
- **Before anything - let your steaks get right up to room temperature by leaving them out on your counter for at least an hour before grill time!**
Market Meats https://marketmeats.com/