Barbeque Chicken Burgers
Time to fire up the grill and throw on some burgers!! Chicken or turkey make a great alternative to beef, and this Gena Knox recipe is a fantastic way to get started this season making world-class burgers that will have everyone looking for seconds – they're that great! Her coleslaw recipe below is awesome as well, but if you're in a rush there's nothing wrong with picking up something already made up from us!
Write a review
- 3 lbs ground Free-Range Chicken or Turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1l arge clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared barbeque sauce (we like Heffy's Original, or Slatherin Brand's BBQ Sauce)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 extra barbeque sauce 1pickles
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar to taste
- Cayenne pepper
- 2Fire & Flavor Maple or Alder Grilling Planks, soaked
- In a large bowl, toss coleslaw mix with vinegar, mustard, oil, and sugar.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat, if using charcoal, leave one side of grill cooler, about medium-low.
- To make burgers, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, barbecue sauce, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and fold until mixture is well incorporated into the meat.
- Form into 6 patties, about 1 inch thick.
- Then, oil grill grates and sear burgers for 2 minutes per side, until grill marks form.
- Remove burgers from grill, lower temperature to medium-low (350°F).
- Place soaked planks on grill, close lid and heat for 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip planks and place burgers on heated side of planks.
- Grill, with lid closed, for 15 minutes or until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
- Remove planks and burgers from grill and allow burgers to rest for 5 minutes; top each burger with extra barbecue sauce, pickles, and slaw; serve on toasted buns.
- Not going to be planking the burgers? No Problem! Just cook them the traditional way on the grill until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Market Meats https://marketmeats.com/