Herb-Crusted Lamb Chops with Feta Topping
Another planking recipe from Gena Knox's Gourmet Made Simple Cookbook (available at Market Meats), this lamb dish can be done with either lamb loin chops or rack chops (lamb “popsicles”) and is perfect done on the grill or inside in your oven!! Fresh and light, this recipe is one of our favourites. Don't have a plank? No worries, just toss these guys on the grill for awesome results!!
Write a review
- 8 Lamb Rib Chops ("Popsicles") or Loin Chops
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 115” cedar or oak plank, soaked
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine half the mixture with bread crumbs and feta cheese; set aside.
- Rub remaining herb mixture on lamb chops before grilling.
- Place soaked plank on grill; close lid and heat 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn plank over and place lamb chops directly on heated side.
- Close lid; cook 6 minutes.
- Pat equal amounts of feta topping onto each chop.
- Close lid again and continue cooking 5 to 6 more minutes (for medium), or until desired doneness. (Meat thermometer should register 130F.)
- Remove chops and plank from grill; tent chops with aluminum foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- To cook indoors, sear chops in a large, ovenproof skillet over moderately high heat until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops over; top with equal amounts of feta topping. Transfer to a 425F oven. Roast 5 to 8 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Market Meats https://marketmeats.com/