Seared Duck Breast with Orange Sauce
One of the tastiest and easiest birds to cook, Duck is an often forgotten easy dinner option that is certain to add a bit of flair to your weekly cooking routine!!
Write a review
- 4 Duck Breasts
- 75g white caster sugar
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 300ml reduced chicken stock
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 courgettes, thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan until very hot, add the duck breasts, fat-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Place into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set the duck aside to rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan until hot, add the caster sugar and cook to a caramel.
- Remove from the heat then add the orange juice and vinegar, return to the heat and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, return to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until just thickened.
- Add the orange zest then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, cover with a steamer insert then add the carrots, cover and steam for two minutes.
- Add the courgettes and steam for another three minutes until just tender.
- To serve, carve the duck into thick slices.
- Place the carrots and courgettes onto the plate the lay the sliced duck over the top.
- Finish with a spoonful of orange sauce - Enjoy!
Market Meats https://marketmeats.com/