Spring is in the air, and our Easter celebrations are getting underway. We always love the celebrations of spring: the air is warmer, the days are longer, and Easter feasts are just around the corner! This year, at our Kits butcher, Market Meats, we’ve got a great selection of items for any family meal to celebrate Easter and the season.
This season, we’re offering three promotional items. The first is double-smoked ham, which comes in various sizes, bone-in, and can be cut to order. Next, we’ve got a boneless Irish ham, which can also be cut to size, and lastly, local, fresh, free-range lamb with the bone in or out. All of these tasty selections will make a beautiful centrepiece for your Easter table!
But the important thing to remember is to get your orders in now! Our orders fill up quickly and you’ll want to be prepared to host your meal, before our top-quality Vancouver butcher shop selection runs out. Contact us today!
And for a little inspiration, take a look at this recipe from Jamie Oliver for some Easter lamb…
- 1 quality leg of lamb, about 2kg
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 125 ml olive oil
- 250 ml organic chicken stock
- 600 g new potatoes, sliced thickly
- 100 g baby fennel, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 225 g baby carrots, tops trimmed
- 100 g baby leeks, trimmed
- 200 g courgettes, sliced lengthways
- 250 g fine or yellow beans, trimmed
- 150 g asparagus, trimmed to 6cm lengths
- Preheat the oven to 220℃/425℉.
- Score the lamb all over and season. Using a pestle and mortar, or in a food processor, pound or blend the mint leaves with the garlic and seasoning until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil to your mixture then brush all over the lamb. Roast in the oven for 1½ hours, brushing with the seasoned oil regularly until the lamb is cooked.
- While the meat is resting, remove the fat from the roasting tin. Add the stock to the tin and make a light, tasty broth by boiling and dissolving all the goodness at the bottom.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Add the fennel and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Carve your lamb then serve the vegetables in a shallow bowl with the lamb on top and a little broth and mint oil drizzled over.