Treat Your Mother for Mother’s Day
Market Meats for Mother’s Day – Saturday 14th May
Try making your Mother this delicious dinner recipe for two. Treat her to Summer Salmon with Buttery Sauce this Mother’s Day:
- Fresh 2lb sockeye salmon fillet (with skin)
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives (for serving)
- Lemon (a squeeze)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450º Fahrenheit
- Put the fresh salmon fillet onto a roasting pan and sprinkle it with the Himalayan salt, before putting it into the oven for 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium flame. Cook it until the butter browns very slightly, don’t let it burn though.
- Add the flour as the butter turns to a light brown colour and then quickly add the cream and the wine.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and spoon over the salmon, adding some freshly chopped chives and a squeeze of lemon just before serving.
Perfect served with some crispy, garlic sauteed potatoes and some greens or salad!
It tastes so good, she’ll want it to turn become a family tradition.
For someone close to your heart, keep your shopping close to home and shop local this Mother’s Day at Market Meats.